/  Common Questions

No. You can only claim charitable donations by itemizing your deductions.

Use Form 8822 (.pdf), Change of Address or Form 8822-B (.pdf), Change of Address or Responsible Party - Business.

To claim your child as your dependent, your child must meet the qualifying child test or the qualifying relative test.

A split refund lets you divide your refund, in any proportion you want, and direct deposit the funds into up to three different accounts with U.S. financial institutions. Use Form 8888 (.pdf), Allocation of Refund, to request to have your refund split.

You have until  April 15 of the next year to file your state and federal taxes for the current year.

To file an extension, use Form 4868. You can download and print a copy here.

Please wait 72 hours after your return has been accepted by the IRS. If you filed on paper, please allow 3 to 4 weeks before checking on the status of your refund. Visit the Where’s My Refund Tool.